Mini Blog Cards

While Moo Cards are all the rage, I found that by making my own mini blog cards I could customize both sides and print at a fraction of the cost. I wanted something to toss in my car and purse that had both my work blog as well as my craft & inspiration blog addresses on the same card. Although one of the upsides to Moo Cards is that each individual card can have a different image, that’s not something I needed.
For my cards, I carefully placed the narrow artwork 2-up on each side. Ran through Overnight Prints as business cards with a promotional discount code and spent only $10 total for 100 cards. I then cut one or two at a time with my paper cutter. (Tip: once you measure where to cut, place tape on your board to make for faster card placement.) And there it is- 200 mini blog cards. I receive great comments every time I whip one out.

Think of these as little my little mullets- business in the front, party in the back.

20 Responses to Mini Blog Cards

1. #1 - Robin@creations-anew.com says:

They are awsome! Very creative..thanks for the tutorial. 😉
    Robin

2. #2 - Robin Lynne says:

I love it! And I also love how you called them your little mullets. Haha!

Very cool idea, thanks for sharing 😀

-another Robin 🙂
    (Robin Lynne)

3. #3 - Carol says:

Very nice blog!! I’m marking it for my favorites!!

4. #4 - Morgan Street says:

WONDERFUL IDEA!!! Thanks for sharing. The Mullets thing had me laughing out loud for sure!

I may have to use that one myself 🙂

5. #5 - sfgirlbybay says:

These are amazing! I love ’em!

6. #6 - At Home with Kim Vallee says:

Congratulations Cathe, your mini cards look great.

My two cents to all bloggers: always carry at least a dozen blog cards with you. More if you go to an event. And do not be afraid to give them to people.

7. #7 - Auntie Dis says:

This is a wonderful idea! I love the mini mullets!

8. #8 - Matt and Joanna says:

I saw your blog through Design Mom and have to tell you how much I LOVE it! You have great ideas (which I’m always looking for)!

9. #9 - cafegirl71 says:

What a great idea! Since I love to create tags, I made some of my cards and printed them directly on manila tags. http://papercafegirl.blogspot.com/2008/07/artful-networking.html

I love unique ideas for networking.

10. #10 - Kunklebaby says:

Wonderful tutorial! I love overnight prints too! I just turned postcards into 2 bookmarks using the same idea you used here.

Wonderful blog too!

11. #11 - puglyfeet says:

You cut those accurately. You’re quite the goddess with that paper cutter. They’re adorable!

12. #12 - Sayo says:

What a great idea!!!

13. #13 - Girl_Industries says:

Cathe, you’re a genius! I was just about to cut back on my business cards what with the economy and everything, I couldn’t have found you at a better time 🙂

14. #14 - Heidi says:

Such a great idea! Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us! Heidi

15. #15 - idarose says:

These are lovely! Thanks for the great tips.

16. #16 - thedoghouse.etsy says:

Such a great idea – thanks for sharing! I love mini Moo cards too but they can work out so expensive…

17. #17 - gawieber says:

We'll, I'll be forever grateful for this tip ! Thanks. Nice cards 2 🙂

18. #18 - Angela Weber says:

Thanks for the great idea! I already make my own tags, but this seems like a quicker way. Plus, I like the idea of the smaller card.

19. #19 - tbuthowixe says:

Louis Vuitton has launched The Artwork of Packing, a net app intended to bring to an finish the stress that can sometimes occur louis vuitton official website louis vuitton designer making an attempt to cram as well significantly things into a suitcase.

Packing a suitcase previous to going on trip can sometimes be a bothersome affair, especially if you are the sort who likes to consider everything and the kitchen area sink. When things go genuinely terribly, closing the bulging suitcase can involve calling in buddies and loved ones, culminating with bodies strewn strategically across certain parts of the situation to empower the zipper to be zipped and the locks to be locked.

Luxurious items maker Louis Vuitton seems to have cottoned on to this annoyance and launched an interactive online app providing suggestions and advice on how to greatest pack your suitcase.

The on-line Flash-based mostly app, named The Art of Packing, begins with an empty Louis Vuitton case positioned in the center of the display screen, surrounded by a variety of objects of apparel and a quantity of accessories â?? many of which are Louis Vuitton-branded, by natural means.

Youâ??re then presented with numerous recommendations on how to pack your scenario in an orderly and sensible manner, thereby avoiding the need to have to call for aid.

â??For successful packing, the first trick is to lay out every thing required for the vacation in purchase to guarantee that practically nothing will get overlooked,â? reads Suggestion one.

Click on on the items to pack them in the case, although examining the guidelines that appear alongside. â??The trick to effective packing is to place the heavy objects at the bottom of the suitcase,â? Louis Vuitton kindly suggests. For maximum place effectiveness, sneakers must be filled with add-ons this kind of as belts and socks ahead of putting them within felt bags and into the situation, it says.

A few clicks afterwards and you are presented with a flawlessly packed scenario that is easy to shut. If only it truly was that straightforward.

The Art of Packing net app is in fact a fairly extensive generation, and certainly extremely slick â?? sort of what youâ??d expect from an outfit like Louis Vuitton â?? with suggestions on how to pack three distinct types of scenario, and animations on how to fold particular items of clothes.

The cooking area louis vuitton official website louis vuitton wallet, even so, is not pointed out wherever.
    Raf Simons went to the roots of his signature manufacturer in a different way: With his debut at Christian Dior couture using put on Monday, the designer seemed to want to show â?? by his demonstrate website in a pale downtown gallery at the Bastille and by his return to the boys of his early fashion background â?? that haute couture was not likely to modify his menâ??s dress in stand.

It would have been straightforward to attribute to Mr. Simonsâ??s immersion in womenâ??s couture the flowered materials that crept in stealthily. But the designer stated that he was pondering again to the grunge several years, when pulling on a dress was element of a tunes fanâ??s clothes blend. A collected floral back to a sober coat experienced a faint perfume of Comme des Garçons.

20. Pingback: Getting Clever with Business Cards | Just Something I Made