Little ones on Planes

Ever sit in front of a small child on an airplane? Yesterday, it was twin girls about 4 years old. I received a one hour shiatsu massage. When it got to be just a bit much, I doodled a little note and passed it back.

Smiles all around.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

41 Responses to Little ones on Planes

1. #1 - Kat says:

How adorable. That was such a lovely and gracious way of handling such an irritating thing as having your seat kicked by a dynamic duo of twins. Very creative, thoughtful and sweet.

2. #2 - Erin Bassett says:

How cute! What happened when you gave it to them???

3. #3 - iva yaneva says:

no, but I am just coming back from the cinema so I pretty much know what you mean 🙂
    I love the note though! So cute 🙂

4. #4 - Kathi says:

What a sweet way to handle that irritation! I'm sure their mommy loved it too!

5. #5 - Magic Moonlight says:

How cute note! Please tell us what happened after… Have a wonderful day! Blanca

6. #6 - Your cool friend Cheryl says:

Cute! What happened next??

7. #7 - Cathe Holden says:

Ok, truth is, twin #1 kept kicking. Her legs were too short to bend over the seat putting them straight out with feet wiggling and bumping into my back. The aunt (I'm guessing)said to be sure to let her know if she does it again, but really, I didn't feel like saying anything else. I could tell that no one could see her feet under the tray-table. After the flight the mom and aunt thanked me for the note and said they loved it.

8. #8 - madison house designs says:

You handled that very well…

9. #9 - FitToSeeJane says:

I think you handled it well.

10. #10 - Joyce says:

what a cute idea!

11. #11 - NicNacManiac says:

Your note was so gentle and kind not to mention the lovely handwriting!!
    Very Sweet, Nerina 🙂

12. #12 - The Dragonfly says:

I never seem to be the one with the feet kicking me. Instead, I am the owner the owner of the three kids doing the kicking. Your note would have made my day. It's much kinder than a mean stare.

13. #13 - Carlotta says:

how cute!!

14. #14 - Andrea - Faded Plains says:

You are TOO cute!!!

15. #15 - Julie says:

What a sweet way to tell someone to quit KICKING your seat! I to would like to know what happened after the note was delivered!

16. #16 - Vivienne says:

Huh.
    I usually write:
    "Just so you knows, if you keep kicking my seat, I'll be breaking your toes"

Maybe I'll try your way.

17. #17 - Lynns Lovelies says:

You are my Hero! What patience and quick thinking in what is a aggravating situation, no matter how sweet the little feet~~lol!.
    Love this…thanks so much for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Lynn♥

18. #18 - LeelaBijou says:

Oh how sweet! ^_^

19. #19 - Anne says:

That note is so adorable and sweet. What a good reminder of a nice way to ask for a little relief from common annoyances.

20. #20 - Tiedupmemories says:

Well said!{very cute!}

21. #21 - Melissa says:

What a gracious way to respond. I knew I liked you. 🙂

22. #22 - Heather says:

I love that cute, sweet little note!!! As a flight attendant, I would love to have a copy of that to hand out to the passengers that get so cranky when they have little ones behind them doing this very thing! I love the way you handled that! You are so cute!

23. #23 - Donna says:

that was a sweet way to let them know 🙂

24. #24 - Kathleen says:

ROFLOL! What a fun note – just about any mom would be happy with that, I would think!

25. #25 - Pfeiffer Photos says:

I just wouldn't be able to be that nice…I admit it, I'm not patient with that sort of stuff at all. Cute feets on the note. 🙂

26. #26 - TheresainMS says:

Love this note and the spirit in which it was given. It's so nice to think of the twins' mother and aunt having a positive memory to look back on rather than an angry or embarrassing one. Thanks for having such a wonderful blog; so inspiring!

27. #27 - Lexi says:

Awww, that's so sweet. I'm curious about the kids' reaction when they read the note!

Hugs,
    Lexi

28. #28 - cpeep says:

Ugh, yes, been on both sides of that one. A kid in a carseat has nowhere to put her feet except straight out, and the carseat barely fits in there anyway. Person in front leans back….aaaargh.

The worst was a full flight with a 2-year-old "lapsitter". The two largest people to get on the flight sat with us. They were very nice, but we were all very squished. Child ended up having to sit between my legs when the person in front leaned the seat back and practically pinned her between me and the seat back.

I think it's worse when it's a kid old enough to NOT do it. Don't put your tray up and down, up and down. Don't stand up a million time, yanking yourself up with the headrest of my seat. Don't flick the window shade up and down, blinding me a zillion times.

Yeah, and we've pretty much given up on the movies. Guess what? Babies do not belong in movies. Sorry if that means you don't get to go to the movies for awhile. That's what being a parent means: you don't get to do what you want all the time anymore.

29. #29 - Jennyology says:

This is the cleverest, sweetest thing I've ever seen. This makes me want to know you in person.

30. #30 - xashee's corner says:

you are AWESOME!! lol i LOVE the little note!! too FUNNY and PRETTY! hehe Thanks for sharing! Have a SUPER Father's day!! 🙂

31. #31 - Ashley says:

Cute! I once had a lady with 2 kids behind me ask the man sitting beside me to "please lean back and in the meanest, sternest voice ask my boys to stop kicking your seat." He was so shy and embarrassed but he did it….the kid behind him promptly KICKED his seat again….HARD. It took everything in my to hold my laughter in…..

First time visiting your blog. I'm now a follower 😉

Ashley

32. #32 - laurie - magpie ethel says:

What an adorable note to write and so much nicer than saying something mean and nasty (not that you would!) A very clever way to get the point across (too bad it didn't work)

I would have saved your note with that great handwriting as a scrapbook item for our airplane trip!

33. #33 - I'm Julia says:

What a gentle way to handle an irritation. Little kids just don't know, & parents often don't realize. Kudos to you for your kind heart!

34. #34 - Sharyn says:

Oh I must borrow this…it happens to me all the time and that is such a nice way to handle it. Very clever of you!

35. #35 - XUE says:

How kind of you! In a similiar situation, I once told the mother very politely, after about 2 hours of kicking & she told me "This is economy. If you don't like it, go fly first class". So we had to put up with it for the rest of the 13 hours from Asia to Europe.
    No…seriously, I then told the attendant after another couple of hours & she instruct her kids to give a good hard kick, before they eased off. That was a nightmare!

36. #36 - henzy says:

cute and clever..

37. #37 - Cindy says:

Such a cute story…made me smile. Your doodle/note is so cute (and aritistic!).

38. #38 - The Perfect Trio says:

you're much sweeter than me!!!!! LOL

39. #39 - Tulaloo says:

that was such a nice way to handle that!

40. #40 - Spool Design says:

You are adorable!

41. #41 - Alwysnichole says:

that is the cutest thing ever!