CHA Designer Showcase Preview

This Friday, I head out early, pick up my buddy Elise, and hit the highway for Southern California. We are going to Anaheim for the Craft and Hobby Association (CHA) 2012 Winter Show. There’s a lot of buzz around crafty sites about CHA this time of year because many of us in the “industry” are so excited about going for so many different reasons. Manufacturers and craft companies go to showcase their new products and services. Shop owners and buyers go to view and order the latest and greatest scrapbook and art supplies, textiles, equipment, lighting, furniture, services and more. They also enjoy the opportunity to craft with and try out many of those items first hand at the workshops or at the presenters’ booths. There are many bloggers and other members of the press who go to get a preview of what’s new to share with their audience.Designers go to showcase their talents and network for new clients to design for or represent and some in hopes of seeing their work licensed. Most every craft company and craft celebrity you can think of is represented at CHA. It takes days to take it all in, that is if you’re like me and stop and talk to someone at every booth, in the aisles, cafeteria… (I probably drive people crazy!) I can’t help it, there’s SO much to know and learn and see! The people are my favorite part.Last year, my fabulous friend Elise Durenberger and I went together for our first time and Elise, being a spectacular scrapper/papercrafter/designer, helped me navigate my way through the showroom, sharing what she knew about most of the companies. Priceless information to a craft industry newbie like me! (Newbie= less than 5 years in the industry.) This year, I’m really looking forward to meeting up with lots of friends made from around the country who will be coming. Also this year, just like last, I was behind in booking myself into classes before being sold out. But there are still many awesome business workshops, seminars and events we will be able to attend. To give you an idea of how much there is to do, should one choose to do it all, here’s the CHA Schedule.

I purchased a table in the Designer Showcase and have been working on my display all week. I thought you’d enjoy a few sneak peeks of what I will be showcasing, which I placed throughout this post. Once it’s all set up at the show, I’ll take more photos to share.

I can hardly wait to return and share all the fun things I saw, learned, heard, and receive at CHA- it’s a wonderful adventure!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to CHA Designer Showcase Preview

1. #1 - Dawn says:

The last photo! When I was a girl, we made those chains from gun wrappers.
    The high school girls would make the length to match the height of their boyfriend.
    Memories…

2. #2 - Dawn says:

oops! not gun wrappers….GUM wrappers.
    OY.

3. #3 - Nana Diana says:

Oh-I hope you have a ball and come home full of ideas! Hugs- Diana

4. #4 - Elise says:

You.
    Amaze.
    Me!

{I love it ALL!} Can’t WAIT!

5. #5 - Heather A. says:

CHA is such fun and I always leave feeling inspired! Have a great time! I’ll be thinking of you as I watch from the sidelines!

6. #6 - Saucy Chick Sherry says:

Safe Travels Cathe Dear and enjoy every exhausting exciting moment!

7. #7 - martina says:

Have a wonderfulk, fun, creative time! Love the gum wrapper chain.

8. #8 - T. says:

Oh Have lots of fun 🙂

I can’t wait to hear all about it I have never been to a craft show ever!!!

My Hubby was in Anaheim last week for the big music/nerd convention, oh did he have lots of fun! 🙂

Love the covered wagons/trucks 🙂 T.

9. #9 - tina says:

So excited for you! Can’t wait to see your table!

10. #10 - Noreen says:

I love your colorful displays and the rulers with your name on them! It would be so fun to be able to attend one year.

11. Oh Cathe,
    I’d love to chat with you at CHA or anywhere, I’m guessing people enjoy meeting you. Have fun and I look forward to seeing your pictures and hearing ALL about your experiences.
    Peace,
    Donna

12. #12 - Clara Palacios says:

It is just down the freeway from me, but I don’t think I want to deal with the crowds. And parking. Fun I am sure, but I would love to experience it once and see all the booths. Can’t wait to see your booth. Love the sneak peeks. Since I am a teacher the rulers are my favorite. They would be great as a pencil holder crate. Ah the possibilities.

13. #13 - Cheryl says:

CHA is a blast! I haven’t been in years but do wish I could go again.

14. #14 - maybaby says:

Someday I will get there, for now I will vicariously follow you through the event! Your table will be amazing!

15. #15 - Amy zimmer says:

Love the rulers…this math teacher/crafter’s heart is going pitted pat! Amy in sebtown

16. #16 - Tami B. says:

Your sneak peeks are AWESOME! Can’t wait to see more 🙂 Enjoy CHA.

17. #17 - Fran says:

Cathe, you are an inspiration to me. I am in awe of the way you have grown in the “craft industry”. You make me believe that belief, hard work and talent CAN get you where you want to be, that it is possible. You go girl I am rooting for you……all the way to the bank, yeah.

18. Oh wow I cannot wait to see what the whole display looks like!

19. #19 - labbie1 says:

Hi! Just bounced over from Camp and Cottage Living and am enjoying your site. When I tried to subscribe, I got your html code and at the bottom was this

“WP Super Cache is installed but broken. The path to wp-cache-phase1.php in wp-content/advanced-cache.php must be fixed!”

I want to subscribe so please let me know when I can do so. Thanks so much!

20. #20 - maggie raguse says:

these sneak peeks are WONDERFUL!! I can’t wait to hear all about it and see lots of photos. I see TONS of licensing in the future for you–you are a phenomenal designer!! I’m sure you’re having a blast, but I bet your head is spinning, on crafty overload!!

Hurry back, and debrief with a huge post and tell us all the juicy details!

maggie

21. #21 - eileen hull says:

Cathe- it was so great to see you again! Would love to talk sometime. Your showcase was AMAZINGLY cool as I knew it would be. Hope you get lots of opportunities from the show. You are so talented! 🙂