Shrink! Shrank! Shrunk! by Kathy Sheldon

A while back I was contacted by editor and author Kathy Sheldon about one of the Shrinky Dink projects I shared on my blog. She was putting together a book about shrink plastic jewelry and asked if I would contribute a couple of designs. I did and after much waiting I was thrilled to finally see the awesome book, Shrink! Shrank! Shrunk! It’s so fabulous I can hardly stop talking about it. Over 30 jewelry crafts from multiple designers around the world. Whimsical to modern to elegant. There’s something for everyone, every skill level, every age!

The paperback version of the book does not release until early October (you can pre-order!), but lucky for us it came out early on NOOK so my daughter and I could dive in and start scheming our next shrinky projects! (It is her NOOK Tablet, after all.)

Over the process of crafting for this book and a few additional ventures of my own, I have had the great pleasure of knowing Kathy and have grown extremely fond of her. She is just the kind of gal you want in your corner and I am thrilled to be a part of her latest book. Kathy’s writing style is warm and friendly and often quite funny. She misses no detail in explaining and occasionally hand-holding readers through the process of crafting with shrink plastic. Her round-up of jewelry crafts and free traceable/downloadable designs are fantastic. My favorite are the Cameos by Tamara Berg (shown on NOOK above).

Here are some shots of my jewelry crafts featured in Shrink! Shrank! Shrunk!– shaped flower earrings and bracelet.Check out Kathy Sheldon’s other book, Fa la la la Felt: 45 Handmade Holiday Decorations!

This entry was posted in Jewelry, Product Review and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Shrink! Shrank! Shrunk! by Kathy Sheldon

1. #1 - B. says:

m a g n i f i c e n t

2. #2 - berta says:

I love shrink plastic, so much fun. Can’t wait to see this book. Sadly, no nook for me.

3. #3 - Edith says:

This book seems amazing. Thanks for sharing.
    Congrats for your participation in it.
    I hope I can buy it on Amazon France =)
    The blue flower necklace is gorgeous.

4. #4 - Paulette (beedeebabee) says:

Hi Cathe!

Congratulations on your part of what really looks like a great book! I think your earrings and bracelet are just beautiful!!!

…I loved your spool/bird nests too. You are so, so clever!

🙂 Paulette

5. #5 - Wendy says:

I love any kind of shrinky plastic! I made the pink flowers (mine weren’t pink though) about 2 years ago with Number 6 plastic. I’m happy to say they look just like those pictured. It was a great project for my 5 YO to color the plastic and then I punch it out with the flower punch.

6. #6 - Tamara says:

Cathe! So happy (and honored) that we’re in the same book. How cool is it?! And, my first published project. Woo hoo! Thanks for the mention, and hope to see you soon!! (Whitney’s sis-in-law.)

7. #7 - Solafa says:

Very nice book. Cant wait to buy it .. :]

8. #8 - Gao-Jai says:

I absolutely LOVE your shaped flower earrings. Do you sell the final products online anywhere? I think my mom would just adore them!

9. #9 - Lynn in Idaho says:

Cathe, love these pretty earrings, do you sell them or just make them for fun? Or, are they in your book?

10. #10 - Lisa M. says:

Hi Cathe~ I’m hoping you can help me solve a shrinky problem I’m having. I’ve come to realize that the color red seems to bleed after time (and I sealed my items) have you experienced this? Any ideas on how I can eliminate this issue? I’ve noticed it’s with both my inkjet red & my sharpie pen red~oh, and by the way, i did buy Shrink! Shrank! Shrunk! and I love it! Beautiful work, and very inspiring!
    Thank you for your assistance!

11. #11 - Lucy says:

I had no idea shrink plastic could be formed such as these flowers. They are beautiful.